Bus Concession/Student Transport Program
The student transport program provides eligible primary, high school and college students with free travel Monday to Friday during the school term.
Who is Eligible?
The program is available to ACT residents attending ACT primary, high school and colleges on a full time basis.
To be eligible for free school bus travel;
- You must obtain a student MyWay card from an Access Canberra Service Centre or MyWay Recharge Agent prior to making an application;
- Students must be aged between 5 to 19 years, ACT residents and be either:
- primary school students living outside a 1km radial distance of their school: or,
- high school, college or CIT year 12 equivalency students living outside a 2km radial distance of their campus, and
- each student or their parent/guardian must hold a valid pensioner concession card or health care card issued by Centrelink showing the applicant's name for entitlement or the Dept of Veterans' Affairs. Note: DVA cards will not display the students name, however will be accepted. The residential address on the benefit card must be the same as provided on the application.
School verification is required at the beginning of each school year or with the first application submitted during the year. Updated school verification is required if a student changes schools during the year. Applicants will be required to meet both distance and benefit card criteria.
The student transport program will not address claims for travel based on any other circumstances such as illness or injury.
Bus Code of Conduct Brochure